Our barristers are able to receive direct instructions from lawyers, businesses or individuals based outside the UK.
The barrister can offer the following services to international clients based abroad on a direct access basis:
- Specialist advice on all areas of the law in England and Wales, European Community and International Law, including Human Rights law.
- Specialist advice and assistance on the drafting, interpretation and enforceability of contracts governed by the law in England and Wales, or the laws of other common law countries.
- Specialist advice on commercial situations presenting legal, factual or technical difficulties.
- Arbitration services in England and Wales and in most other jurisdictions (the English Bar is one of the leading professions in the field of international arbitration).
- Mediation and other alternative dispute resolution services (as mediators, advocates or advisers).
- Expert witness services.
- Specialist advocacy services before European and international courts and tribunals.
- Specialist advice and assistance in the preparation of litigation or in a non-litigious context.
As regards to litigation in the courts of England and Wales, it is highly recommended that you contact a barrister first if you are a foreign lawyer or business based abroad. Barristers will be able to give you an initial assessment of your case at very competitive rates and advise on the most suitable firm of solicitors to use.
Please contact our practice managers to discuss the appropriate barrister for your needs
To register an interest in making an instruction Click Here
or call +44(0) 20 7404 5252