Homelessness: One Day Hybrid Conference
4-5 Housing are pleased to invite you to it's annual one-day Homelessness Conference.
Please book HERE
Tuesday 1st February 2022
Bingham Room, The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
8 South Square
& Online (via Zoom)
Price: £90 plus VAT (108)
If you book before midnight 6th January 2022 you will be eligible for a £10 discount per ticket. Please enter the following promo code at checkout: 45HOUSING
10:00 – 10:30 am
- Keynote talk/round up (Jonathan Manning)
10.30 -11.1 5 am
- s.193(2) duty: its nature and the timing of its performance (Stephanie Lovegrove)
11.15 - 11.30 am
- Coffee break
11.30 - 12.15 pm
- How the duty may be discharged – overview (Annette Cafferkey)
12.15 - 1:00 pm
- Out of area placements (Ian Peacock)
1:00 - 2:00 pm
2:00 – 2.45 pm
- Suitability and affordability (Jonathan Manning)
2.45 - 3.30 pm
- Reasonable to continue to occupy and suitability – distinction/crossover (Andrew Dymond)
3.30 - 3.45 pm
- Coffee break
3.45 – 4.30 pm
- Assessment and PHPs (s.189A); Prevention (s.195); Relief (s.189B), and areas for challenge (Toby Vanhegan)
4.30 -5:00 pm
- Drinks at The Bridge Bar
Included in the price of your ticket:
- Electronic materials (slides and notes) will be made available to all delegates
- Refreshments throughout the day
For those delegates attending remotely, a Zoom invite including link will be circulated on Monday 31st January 2022.
Please note: This event is not taking place in Chambers
Bookings & Payments
Payment for all places must be received at least 7 working days before the date of the event. Failure to send payment before the event may result in your place(s) being cancelled. This is a hybrid event and all tickets are sold at the same rate.
Cancellations & Substitutions
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing at least 7 working days before the event and each attendee may be liable for an administration charge. Any cancellations received after this date will be liable for the full fee. Attendee name changes may be made at any time at no extra charge.
Bookings from barristers outside of 4-5 Gray’s Inn Square Chambers will not be accepted without prior written consent of our Senior Clerk. If you are a barrister and wish to book onto one of our seminars, please contact us.
4-5 Gray’s Inn Square Chambers will retain your details on a database to enable us to process your booking and so that you can be kept up to date with relevant details for future events. If you do not wish to receive future mailings from us after this event please email