Homelessness & Allocations (11th ed.) available for pre-order
Since publication of the first edition 35 years ago, Homelessness and Allocations has established itself as the definitive guide to the rights of the homeless. It combines an unrivalled historical overview with a clear, concise and user-friendly approach to this complex area of law.
Homelessness and Allocations was first published after the Housing (Homeless Persons) Act 1977 brought new duties towards the homeless into force, since when it has recorded and analysed development of this area of the law, while Andrew Arden himself has contributed to, and helped to shape, its development acting in cases up to and including the highest courts from the earliest days of the new law to the present time.
The 11th edition has been fully updated to include:
• The Homelessness Reduction Act in force
• The new Code of Guidance on homelessness in England
• The new Local Authority Agreement
• The new Review Regulations
• The new national eligibility framework
• Significant new cases, including the first raft of post-Hotak appeals on vulnerability, the impact of ECHR Art 2 of the First Protocol (right to education) on out-of-area placements, the applicability of the Newham/Lewisham eviction cases to s193 accommodation, when an authority is entitled to re-open its own decision, and intentional homelessness
It also provides coverage of the separate development of homelessness law in Wales under the Housing (Wales) Act 2014 Part 2 and of the new Care Act 2014 regime.
For further details, and to pre-order the book, click here.