Our barristers have the expertise and experience at every level of call to provide specialist advice and representation in all areas of regulatory law.
Members of Chambers frequently advise and appear in complex and sensitive disputes concerning the regulation of financial services professionals and entities, legal professionals, medical professionals, architects, the Police, members of the clergy and sports people, as well as matters regarding public safety, the environment, tax and licensing.
Our barristers are often seconded to regulators and in-house teams and benefit from an in-depth understanding of how different regulators approach compliance and enforcement issues. They also sit as chairs or members of disciplinary tribunals, or as legal assessors advising tribunals on matters of law and procedure. Members also advise political parties and their boards as to legal and regulatory matters involving the Electoral Commission and matters concerning their members’ conduct.
Our members receive instructions from both regulators – such as the Financial Conduct Authority – and regulated entities and individuals, and appear in a variety of forums, including before:
- The Regulatory Decisions Committee
- The Sports Dispute Resolution Panel
- The Medical Practitioners Tribunal of the General Medical Council
- (CESR) Registration Appeal Panel
- The Fitness to Practise Committee of the General Optical Council
- The Fitness to Practise Panel of the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- The Health and Care Professions Council
- The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Disciplinary Committee
- The Farriers Registration Council Disciplinary Committee
- Panels determining allegations regarding Police misconduct
- The Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations Appeal Panel.
Many members also assist with judicial review challenges and appear in the appellate courts, including the Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber), the High Court and above.
To register an interest in sending instructions to Chambers please Click Here
or call +44(0) 20 7404 5252