Elizabeth Nicholls is a highly engaging and effective mediator with a background in large international corporate companies. Before becoming a barrister, she worked in multiple countries, negotiating large contracts and resolving complex disputes with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies. She has a wealth of experience, including; FMCG, retail, manufacturing, commercial, contract, construction, land, property, public law, intellectual property, supply chain, environment, agriculture and arboriculture.
Elizabeth brings her business acumen and strong negotiation skills, gained from her commercial career, to the role of a mediator. Her outstanding personal skills make her an excellent choice when dealing with even the most sensitive of disputes.
- Arboriculture – trees, forests and hedges – including subsidence
- Commercial Contracts
- Construction and Engineering
- Manufacturing – including plant and machinery
- Professional Negligence
- Property – including listed buildings
- Public sector
- Retail & supply of goods
- Nuisance – including Japanese Knotweed
Elizabeth is a qualified Barrister in England and Wales. She is also a barrister of the Supreme Court of the Eastern Caribbean (Virgin Islands).
Elizabeth began her career in a well-known international ingredients company, supplying technical products to food, drink and pharmaceutical companies. Later she worked in product development and manufacturing with one of the world’s largest producers of hygiene products.
Following this, she was recruited by Sainsbury’s, where she led buying and technical teams in the UK, Hong-Kong and mainland China. She was responsible for categories turning over between £300m and £2.2bn a year, including food and non-food categories (approximately 10% of Sainsbury’s turnover).
She led key environmental initiatives, including Fairtrade and Forestry Stewardship Council. Latterly her focus was on high-value negotiations of several £m at a time and resolving disputes between key branded and own branded suppliers. She led teams working on the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
She became a barrister in 2018 and has a strong focus on mediation. She is also an arbitrator (MCIArb). Her clients include private individuals, companies, insurers and public bodies. Her experience spans a wealth of disputes and given her background, she is able to get to grips with even the most technical subjects with ease.
- Disputes arising from trees, forests or hedges, including building subsidence.
- Agricultural related issues, including machinery.
- High-value contract disputes.
- Disputes involving currency, including crypto currency.
- Contracts of an unusual nature – e.g. dogs, horses and classic cars.
- Supply chain/shipping issues.
- Construction disputes - all values.
- Protected origin.
- Disputes including technical machinery.
- Issues relating to specifications - ingredients/products/packaging.
- Disputes between neighbours.
- Japanese Knotweed.
- Noise, animals and plants.
- Boundary and neighbour disputes.
- Building disputes.
- Commercial property.
- Landlord and tenant issues.
- Public sector contracts/procurement.
- Issues between authorities and the public, including claims, education, commercial and enforcement matters.
To register an interest in making an instruction Click Here
or call +44(0) 20 7404 5252